Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I have dreams of Orca whales

Hahaha…well, I spoke too soon about not having any complications or hassles.  It seems they have put my luggage on a different plane, and they said it will hopefully be here tomorrow.  Luckily I packed a change of clothes and shower stuff in my carry on bag.

I slept very little on the plane, but I’m wide awake for some reason.  After leaving the help desk I have decided to take the water taxi/bus to Piazza San Marco to my hotel, it’s about an hour ride and I get to see the other islands.  While I was waiting to board the boat a few fellow plane passengers [who also lost their luggage, on the same flight] approached me and began asking me questions about the water bus and how to get to the Piazza [and to their hotel].  Now, I’ve seen a few maps of the city but I’ve never actually done this in person [which I explained to him] but none the less his wife [named Marie of all things] decided that they will be following me.  So, not only am I responsible for myself, but I am now leading a group of older couples through a country I’ve never been to with no luggage and a faltering hope pf a place to sleep tonight.  Hopefully all will end well…oh, and without a map.

No comments: