Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just to take you on an airplane ride

As I arrive at Hartsfield I have random pangs of anxiety.  I know i've done this a thousand times before, but there is always the chance of complication. 
Why does it always feel like the boarding gate line is leading you to slaughter? It's a strange phenomenon- the gathering of groups of people in an airport- no one is ever happy about it and all common courtesy goes out the window.  I'm just happy to get through these things without hassle. 
It never fails...planes always smell like sweat and coffee, but surprisingly the older gentleman next to me doesn't have hair growing out of his ears.  Ever since i was 7 and beginning to fly by myself, i always ended up next to old man hairy ears.  It's good to find some change in life.  
-Expect Delays- before we can even take off on the first leg of this trip, we suddenly arrive back at the gate so we can 'fix' something.  Which usually just means- we need to figure out how to turn this indicator light off.  No biggy, we're just an hour late already.
...Scratch that, 2 hours late  
[5-13-08]

No comments: