Thursday, May 15, 2008

I like my new bunny suit

I’ve done a lot today.  I went to the Palazzo Grassi, the Gallerie Dell’Accademia, and the rialto bridge.  I bought a few things things for people today, I’m trying to get more into the spirit of things and not think about my lost luggage [which is still mia].  I mean I’m in Venice, and if I wash my one change of clothes every night I’m fine [by wash I mean hand wash in my bathroom sink]…it kind of sucks but you learn to deal.  I’m now taking a mid-day break in the lobby since I have pretty much walked the entire island.  I keep debating on what I want to eat, but I keep getting stuck on the fact that people choose to eat at the McDonalds instead of the other surrounding restaurants that cost about the same.  I don’t really understand it.

I’m really tired but I know a nap now will keep me up all night again.  So, I’m just sitting here watching the people walk by the hotel, and reading a book while I cool off.  A vast majority of people that pass are girls holding hands, which just makes me miss being home. 

This city is an interesting mix of tourists and people living their everyday lives.  The locals always seem to be in a hurry while everyone else is just strolling along.  I love how everyone here knows at least 3 languages.  America is so isolated it doesn’t occur to anyone to learn anything else. 

…so, I ended up taking a nap before my 2 o’clock [eastern  standard time US, home time] chat date.  I may regret this in about 2 hours when I try to go to sleep…. 

...oh good news, my ipod is over its fit and works again


No comments: