Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oh what a night…

Since I couldn’t sleep I went downstairs to the lobby to buy some Internet time.  I apparently took the guy at the desk by surprise.  He was outside smoking when I approached the desk, when he saw me he stopped everything and said, “my heart is beating so fast, you are so beautiful” [or something to that affect].  Then he said a few things in Italian.  It was all very strange for 1-4 in the morning.  I bought 2 hours of internet time, but some how ended up with 3.  Which was wonderful since it gave me more time to talk online and post some blogs.  But this isn’t where the strangeness ends.  When the guy at the desk [we’ll call him J] saw that I had a mac he went into this long story about how he paid $2000 to have one shipped to him, but it never came.  So, I went to the other room and started chatting, and few mins later J came into the room and asked if I wanted some tea.  In the process he saw that my myspace page on the screen and got really excited because he is on myspace too.  Out of curiosity I searched for his page [he gave me his email address so I could find it] since he was a nice guy and an interesting story I added him as a friend. But it was a little strange when I heard my profile song from the other room.  He seemed very impressed with my music and movie lists which led to a short discussion about Japanese cinema [its apparently his favorite].  He said that he could never compile a list like that since it is too boring to do something like that [I’m not really sure how I should take that].  Just keep in mind that through all of this I am trying to get in as much online chat time that I can.  [it was soothing my bad day, and calming me down]  With this said J started realizing that I wasn’t giving him full attention so he periodically would go back to his desk in the other room.  At some point, probably around 4, a guy came in and asked J to call one of the female guests, but when the guy tried to go upstairs J said that he would have to pay if he was going to stay the night.  This didn’t go over well, so the guy said that he only needed an hour [which really means…this is a booty call].  J was going to allow it, but only if he left an id with him.  He apparently didn’t have one on him so he got frustrated and left. [somewhere in this process the girl called down to see what was taking so long, the whole thing really only took about 5 mins] 

By the end of the night I had gained a map and a new plan for the upcoming day.  

No comments: